Welcome to Indian Naval Ship Valsura
HMIS Valsura was commissioned in 1942 as the Torpedo Training School of The Royal Indian Navy. The name Valsura means Swordfish , which was also the name of the most common torpedo carrying aircraft of the Royal Navy. Post- Independence, the establishment was renamed Indian Naval Ship Valsura. It is located on Rozi Island in Jamnagar amidst the scenic salt pans that are home to several species of migratory birds.