Current Size: 95%
- About Navy
- IHQ MoD (N)
- News & Events
- Medical Services
- Sports & Adventure
- Presidents Fleet Review
- Indian Naval Benevolent Association
- Naval Group Insurance Scheme
- Navy Children Education
Indian Naval Benevolent Association
- The Indian Naval Benevolent Association is a charitable organization registered under the Societies Registration Act XXI of 1860.
- The primary object of the Association is to render financial assistance to relieve hardship distress of Serving as well as released/retired naval personnel and their families.
A serving member with minimum of three years service must satisfy the following conditions to be eligible for a loan.
- A maximum of five loans are admissible in the entire service career.
- Loan for self marriage would be granted to member who is 25 years of age or more.
- Not more than two loans are permitted for daughter/sister’s marriage subject to overall limit of five loans in entire career and age should be more than 18 years.
The details of loans and grants are as follows:-
|5. Renewal of Scholarship|
|At least 60% marks for both science and humanities in Graduation/Post Graduation annual examination.|
|6. Rates of Scholarship|
|(a) Boarder||Rs. 20,000/- per annum|
|(b) Day Scholar||Rs. 10,000/- per annum|
|Scholarship for Handicapped Children Between ages of 3 to 18 years - Rs. 1000/- pm|
|7. Details of grants to the ex-naval personnel and their families:-|
|Purpose||Officers Rs.||Sailors Rs.||Remarks|
|(a) On death of naval pensioner||10,000||5,000||Death certificate and pension Particulars to be sent to Secretary, INBA.|
|(b) Grant for marriage (maximum of two children)||10,000||5,000||For children of naval widows only.|
|(c) Grant for Economic Activity.||10,000||10,000||For self help onomic venture toec sailors families.|
|(d) Scholarship for handicapped children||First two school going children (inclusive of normal children) from ages of 3 to 18 years.|
|(e) Day Scholar||200/- p.m||200/- p.|
|(g) Boarder||400/- p.m||400/- p.m|
|(g) Purchase of special medical equipment for handicapped children.||A maximum sum of Rs.4,500/- is payable for purchase of special medical equipment on the recommendation of medical authority.|
|Special Scholarship Scheme|
|8. For children of Naval Personnel who die while in service. The following are the rates applicable:-|
|Category of Student||Rates (Rupees per annum)|
|(a) Academic Courses|
|(i) Nursery to KG||5,000|
|(ii) Class I to VIII||12,000|
|(iii) Class IX to XII||15,000|
|(iv) Class IX to XII||15,000|
|(v) Class IX to XII||20,000|
|(b) Professional Courses|
|(iii) Legal Studies/Vocational||30,000|
|(c) Boarding / Lodging||40,000|