Current Size: 95%
Ex Servicemen Contributory Health Scheme (ECHS)
Established vide GOI / of Def letter No-22(1) / 01 / US(WE) / D(Med) dated 30 Dec 2002
1. ECHS Caters for Medicare of following:-
- Ex Servicemen in receipt of pension including disability pension and family pension.
- wife / Husband
- Legitimate Children
- Wholly Dependent Parents
2. The ECHS Scheme
- Contributory Scheme : On retirement every service personnel will compulsory become a member of ECHS by contributing his/ her share (One Time Contribution).
- Applicable for life time.
- No restriction on age or medical condition.
- New Armed Forces Clinic (104) and Augmented Forces Clinic : (123) out of 227 stations will be established. These polyclinics and Augmented Armed Forces Clinics will be configured on concentration of Ex Servicemen population.
- Free Outpatient Treatment : Free Outpatient Treatrnent will be provided to the member of Augmented Armed Forces Clinic and Armed Forces Polyclinic.
Reimbursement : Reimbursement will be provided to the patients and paid directly from where services are obtained from the empanelled Diagnostic Centre / Nursing Homes / Hospitals for the following:-
- Cost of Medicine / Drugs / Consumables.
- Diagnostic Tests.
- In case of Emergency : The beneficiary may report to the nearest Government Hospital or Nursing Home/ Private Hospital empanelled under the scheme.
3. Implementation & Control
The scheme will be implemented by a project organisation. This would comprise of a Headquarters located at Delhi and 12 Regional Centres.
For Details contact:- Central Organisation
Ex Servicemen Contributory Health Scheme
Room No 278 A South Block
Adjutant General's Branch
Army Headquarters, New Delhi - 110011
Tel. No. 24792422
Website : http://irfc-nausena.nic.in