Current Size: 95%
Provision of Advanced Medical Facilities
4. Critical Care Beds. The New ICU has 22 beds instead of the earlier 10 beds. There is a separate Cardiac Surgery Care Unit and Neuro unit of 5 beds each - as against none earlier. Dialysis unit has 10 beds instead of 3 earlier. Similarly acute medical and acute surgical beds have been augmented to 20 each as against earlier bed strength of 10 each. A seperate Burns Centre with 6 beds and Reserve Isolation Unit of 5 beds have also been provided. NICU, ICU, Burns Unit, Dialysis Unit and Operation Theatres are centrally air conditioned and have modern facilities like piped medical gases, central suction, compressed air, uninterrupted power supply and standby generator supply.
5. Cardiothoracic Centre. A full-fledged Cardiothoracic unit with a modern Cardiac Catheterisation Lab has been provided in the new hospital. Thus facilities for modern diagnostic methods and surgical treatment of cardiac diseases is available to the patients.
6. Radiotherapy Unit. The present malignant disease treatment centre has been augmented with the installation of the modern radiotherapy unit so as to provide comprehensive therapy for malignant disease.
7. Lithotripsy. With the installation of latest generation Lithotripster non invasive method of treating renal stones is available in the hospital.
8. Imaging Centre. CT scan and MRI equipment would be installed to make the department of Imaging & Radiology comparable to the best in Mumbai.
9. Invitro Fertilisation. A full fledged unit with modern facilities for Invitro Fertilization is being established in the hospital. This facility would be a boon to childless couples.
10. Medical Gases. A Mainfold Room catering to the requirement of Medical Gases for the entire hospital is available in the new hospital in place of the earlier small one, catering to ICU and OTs only.
11. Auditorium. A state of the art, fully air conditioned Auditorium with a seating capacity of 250 has been provided in the new hospital. It will have modern audio-visual systems and seating arrangements. Except for the air conditioning, which will be operational with the commissioning of Phase II, the Auditorium is fully functional at present.
12. MRI Scan. A current state of art 1.5 T MRI imaging scanner facilitates wide range of clinical applications of Brain, Spine, knee, shoulder and other regions. Besides this novel imaging applications include noninvasive mapping of language, motor, and memory function areas of the brain, Perfusion MRI capable of measuring cerebral blood flow, Cardiac MRI used in evaluation of structure and function of the heart.