Current Size: 95%
Brief History and Role
1. INHS Jeevanti started out as an MI Room to the Naval Detachment that moved into Mormugao Harbour after the liberation of Goa. Thereafter the medical facilities kept on expanding with the development of Goa as a major Naval Station, and on 18 Apr 1966 INHS Jeevanti was commissioned with a total of 18 beds.
2. Today INHS Jeevanti is an 89 bedded hospital with all the major specialities and provides comprehensive medical care to the Goa Naval Area and the various Army units in Goa.
3. The motto of INHS Jeevanti is “We Care”
4. The following full fledged departments are functioning with corresponding specialists to look after out patients as well as in patients:-
(vi) Dental Surgery
5. In addition the hospital has a class III SHO. INHS Asvini, Mumbai is the tertiary referral case centre for the hospital.
INHS Jeevanti Community Outreach Programme
6. Events conducted from 01 May 10 – 31 Jul 10
(a) Audio-visual lectures on childhood Asthma conducted in NCS, and both Kendriya Vidyalaya in first week of May 10.
(b) Blood Donation camp in association with Goa Medical College was held at INHS Jeevanti in Jun 2010.
(c) A talk to Goa Naval Area on “Manage your heart” by Surg Capt Ravi Kalra, Senior Advisor Cardiology organized on 28 Jul 10.
(d) A cancer screening camp for women conducted 31 Jul 2010 for the Naval community.
(e) Publication of INHS Jeevanti magazine for community of Goa Naval Area.