Current Size: 95%
You are here:
- About Jamnagar
- Indian Navy
- IHQ MoD (N)
- IN Platforms
- News & Events
- Medical Services
- Sports & Adventure
- Presidents Fleet Review
- Indian Naval Benevolent Association
- Naval Group Insurance Scheme
- Navy Children Education
- The Establishment It is the premier Electrical training institution of Indian Navy. INS Valsura was commissioned on 15 Dec 1942 as Torpedo School. It was christened as HMIS Valsura which subsequently became INS Valsura after India became independent. From a humble beginning six decades ago, this establishment has grown into one of the finest establishments of the Navy with an ISO-9001-2000 certification.
- Role INS Valsura's primary role is to train both officers and sailors in the Electrical, Electronic and Weapon systems. For this, various courses are conducted to suit the entry level and technical skills required to be imparted. The Graduate Entry and Cadet Entry officers undergo more than a year long specialisation course, whereas, the courses for the sailors include basic courses for artificers and non-artificers, mid-career courses and equipment oriented training. In addition, the establishment also undertakes development projects. Valsura is actively involved in preparation of Computer Aided Training packages using Digital Interactive Multimedia (DIM).
- Crest and Motto The crest of Valsura contains a swordfish with streaks of lightening. The motto of the establishment ` Tasya Bhasa Sarvamidam Vibhati ´ means ` the light that emanates from here, illuminates the entire world ´. The crest and motto aptly represent the role of the `Sparks´, the fraternity of electrical branch personnel in the Indian Navy.
- By Air Indian Airlines operates flights to connect Jamnagar to Mumbai. If the Mumbai-Jamnagar flight schedule does not suit one's travel plans, one can travel by Mumbai-Rajkot flight and thereafter by road/rail to Jamnagar. The distance between Rajkot and Jamnagar is approximately 90 kms.
- By Rail/Road Jamnagar is well connected to Ahmedabad There is a weekly Jammu Tawi-Hapa super fast train to meet the requirements of personnel traveling from/to New Delhi. Hapa is about 10 kms from Jamnagar.