Current Size: 95%
- Indian Navy
- IHQ MoD (N)
- IN Platforms
- News & Events
- Medical Services
- Sports & Adventure
- Presidents Fleet Review
- Indian Naval Benevolent Association
- Naval Group Insurance Scheme
- Navy Children Education
General Joining Instructions
Pre - Arrival Formalities
- Personal Data A personal data form (as per Appendix A) completed in all respects is required to be forwarded by the trainee through the local Indian Mission to IHQ of MoD (Navy)/DNT one month prior to commencement of the course.
- Certificate of Security and Assurance A security clearance certificate (as per Appendix B), complete in all respects and endorsed by the government concerned, is to be forwarded to IHQ of MoD (Navy) through the local Indian Mission, prior to the trainee's departure for India.
- Statement of Identification Each trainee is required to bring a Statement of Identification (as per Appendix C), duly authenticated.
- Reception Foreign trainees on arrival in India should be received at the international airport by the staff of their respective High Commission/Embassy and further arrangements made for them to proceed to the training ship/establishment. However, in cases where the trainees proceed directly to the training ship/establishment by connecting flights, the details of arrival are to be notified by the respective foreign Navy/Indian Mission to the Commanding Officer concerned or IHQ of MoD (Navy)/DNT two weeks prior to arrival for arranging reception at the final destination.
Identity Cards, Passports, Visas and Registration
Identity Cards The following actions would be taken with regard to issue, withdrawal and loss of identity cards:-
- All foreign trainees would be issued with special identity cards by the training establishments concerned. Identity cards will be withdrawn from the trainees by the last training ship/establishment on completion of training and returned to the issuing authority.
- Foreign trainees are to ensure safe custody of their identity cards. Loss of an identity card through negligence, would in addition to a fine, attract disciplinary action and be reported to their respective government.
- Special identity cards issued to foreign trainees would be valid only for the duration of their training with the Indian Navy.
- Passport and Visas Foreign trainees are required to be in possession of passport and visas that are valid for the required period of training.
Registration All personnel from non-Commonwealth countries who are to undergo training for more than 90 days are to register themselves as follows :-
- On arrival in India, the trainees are to report in person to the Foreign Registration Officer of the area where the Training Establishment is located.
- Registration is to be made with the local Superintendent of Police where no Foreign Registration Office exists.
- In case the period of training is being extended, similar registration will be required.